Picture My Life via InstaFriday

Welcome to another week in my life via Instagram photos.  
Kinda like a sneak peek into my world via photos I snap throughout the week.  Simple things; that really don't make a blog post by themselves. A way to share a bit more of me with you, my wonderful readers.
Days and days of rain, fog and gloomy weather lately here in Georgia.  One afternoon riding home I stopped to snap this photo at the lake down the road.  It ain't no 'street' ...it's barely paved.  It once was dirt. This is the country.  
Friday, during my lunch hour at work; I got a much needed haircut.  I said this on my 'What I Wore' post on Wednesday; but dang I look thinner after a haircut!
Saturday night, we treated ourselves to dinner out.  Nothing fancy, but at least I didn't cook it!  Shane's Rib Shack.  LOVE the bbq sandwiches on Texas toast.  On the way home we stopped at a newly opened place to pick up Sunday breakfast....
I prefer Krispy Kreme; the nearest one of those is about 45 minutes...so a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.  These were SUPER gooey Fresh Yummy.
I make a menu plan every week for several reasons.  I've shared those before in my posts.  One of the reasons I do it is to hopefully save money while grocery shopping.  I had a small list Sunday, when I headed out to buy what we needed to eat for the week.  The only non-food items I purchased was razors and dish washing detergent.  This was my buggy (or as some call it, shopping cart).
$75!  I can still see the floor through the wire.  Ugh.
I love this little boy.  My Bear.  He wasn't smiling the night he lost his cartoon time, due to really bad behavior at 'school' (day care) one day this week.  Can you tell this photo was made BEFORE the 'incident' occurred?  ha!
Over the hill, there is an old dairy.  I love it's weathered silos.
I started rearranging the mantel.  Touches of red for Valentine's.
Although it ended up totally different.  You can see it here.
This painting hangs in our living room.  We purchased it at a festival by a local artist.  
One of my loves is barns.  Guess it's a good thing I'm a country girl!
The little Turkey chick is growing and getting feathers.  Why yes that IS a mirror in there with him.
He likes looking at himself and it keeps him from being lonely.  No we don't know if it's a girl or boy yet, we just tend to refer to it as a him.
How was your week?  What filled it?
Linking up at:
life rearranged

8 comments:

  1. I like this sort of post, Sherri! It's nice to see what you have been up to all week! Love your new haircut! Do you raise turkeys?

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love barns and silos too. Don't live in the country though, but my parents do (next to Lake Erie) so I get the best of both worlds. The weather has been gloomy here too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much to love in your post. First of all, Shane's Rib Shack looks diving. Gonna have to check them out next time I'm in Georgia. Is it a local place? And I agree on the Krispy Kreme. We have one that we pass quite often and it's very hard to keep my car from turning in every single time. The silos make me so happy. When I was little, we passed a silo that looked just like these on our way to school everyday. They bring back such good memories! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that picture of the silo. Very neat! Your haircut looks fab!

    My daughter lost tv time this week too.. must have been going around.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been loving the foggy mornings. Hello Neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post...I love your haircut & the painting you have hanging in you living room! I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog & for the sweet comment!!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Jumped to you from Life Rearranged! I have never seen a turkey chick before-- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the painting of the barn, and the cute little turkey chick! He's so much bigger than he was last week! I hope you keep posting photos of him! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails