Christmas Cake
















Several years ago while working on a company employee newsletter I came upon a cake recipe. I made it that year for Christmas. The actual recipe is called It Won't Last Cake. However, I renamed it the Christmas cake because my dear sister has asked that it be her 'gift' every year since! My brother in law loves it too. So since I hosted Thanksgiving this year, he requested the cake then. I am posting the photo of the cake, which I will be making again this week to take to sis's house for our Christmas get together on Christmas Day. It is easy and is like a spice cake or banana bread. Very moist and even goes great with coffee in the mornings.
Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
3 cups white sugar (regular sugar)
1 cup crushed pineapples (with juice)
2 cups mashed bananas
1 cup chopped pecans (I usually use about 1/2 cup)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup maraschino cherries (OPTIONAL)
Directions:
Grease and flour a 9 or 10 inch bundt pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together. (optional: adding one cup maraschino cherries to mixture makes a nice fruit cake.) Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees. Do not over bake.This cake is VERY moist and easy to make. I have never added the cherries. Not a big fan of fruit cake. It does bake up 'brown' due to the cinnamon and bananas. Hope you enjoy it!  It's a FAV of my family.
Edited to link into The Girl Creative Blog Fest.  
The Girl Creative

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow - that sounds delicious!!! Thanks so much for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really yummy! I love cakes with fruit in them - then I don't feel bad eating them for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds delicious and another great way to use fruit especially banana's...can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to try that -maybe I can get my husband to make it for me-I'm horrible in the kitchen! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails