Potato Soup Recipe

***Bringing back a post from earlier in the year.
This is our favorite cold weather soup.  Since I have 2 bags of potatoes and temperatures are dropping, this is definitely happening this week at the farm!

I tried several Potato Soup recipes before I found one that all the family loves, even Bear.  As far as recipes go, this one is easy with simple ingredients.  My recipe is based on one I found at A Crafty Cook.
Potato Soup
You will need the following:
4-5 potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 1/2 tablespoon of butter
1 can of Chicken Broth
1 1/4 cup of milk
salt/pepper to taste

Melt butter in a stew pot, pour in broth, cut potatoes and milk.  The original recipe calls for onions, of which I am not a big fan.  But I do sprinkle minced onions in mine.
Cover the pot, heat to a simmer, then keep on a low-medium heat.  Stir constantly.  You do NOT want this to stick!
Once the potatoes are cooked soft, you can mash about half the pot.  Remember to stir, we don't want it to stick.  I usually pull my pot off the heat to do the mashing. ;-)
We usually add toppings to our individual servings:
Take your pick.  It's really yummy with bacon bits and cheese.
The BEST potato soup recipe I have found and great on a cold winter's night.  It's made several repeats into our weekly menu plan.  Plus I love that the ingredients are things I usually have 'on hand' and easy on the budget.
Do you have a favorite simple soup recipe?
Also linked to Melt in Your Mouth Monday,  

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. We love potatoes. I'll try your recipe. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm! That might have to go on the menu soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl! Where have hyou been? Hope you are doing well. I love soup of all kinds and always said I made the BEST potato soup until I tried some at a local eatery and boy was his GOOD! So far, I haven't met a soup I didn't like! Total comfort food to me. Take care! Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails