Easy LOVE Banner

Are you ready for the day of Love?  Valentines?  It will be here in 10 days!  There is still time to whip up a little love for your home.
For my farm house mantel, I kept many of my Christmas items (candles and glass jars with red balls).  I pulled other things from around the house: a couple of red books I purchased from Goodwill and the little red pitcher that I believe I picked up at Dollar General a few years ago.  Plus my clearance find heart ornament from Target that I picked up for 10 cents!  I wanted a little bit more.

Then I whipped out my old scrapbook supplies and paper lunch bags to make my little love banner.
 I cut the bottom off each bag.  The cut them in half length wise.  The little red hearts were hand cut from a nice piece of thick cardstock.
I inked the edges of the hearts and stamped the other letters on with foam stamps.  A bit of twine, a little hot glue and it's complete.  I might have made more than one.
I LOVE it!  Seriously.  Plus it was so very simple.  Like I have always said, it doesn't have to cost a pretty penny to be beautiful.
Do you decorate for Valentines? 
I don't go all out, in fact, the above is it.  Besides, I think I can leave this up somewhere in the house after I take it off the mantel.
Sharing here:
Creative Cain Cabin

2 comments:

  1. Sherri,Thanks for linking up and what a stinkin cute idea, and it was so inexpensive. I love it, and have not seen a banner like that out in blog land. I think yo have an original.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails