What's Cooking?


Last week we did the menu shuffle around and around.  Monday night ended up being a 'freebie' dinner provided by a friend.  Then my grown son came for a visit Wednesday and requested his favorite meal.  I found a roast on sale at Publix, so that was Sunday's meal (shown above).  Food Lion ran out of the whole chickens for 49 cents per lb.  So I worked up this week with two carryovers that weren't used last week:
Sunday - Roast and potatoes in crock pot, broccoli with rolls
Monday -  Leftovers
Tuesday - Tacos and black beans
Wednesday - Taco salads (from left overs)
Thursday - Sweet n Sour Chicken  with home made fried rice
Friday - Leftovers or Pizza rolls (we LOVE these! plus fast n easy)
Saturday - Hot dogs, chili and ranch potato wedges
Sunday - Chicken and Hash Brown 'fancy' potatoes
I still came out of the grocery store at $49 and some change, LAST week.  This week's menu should not cost me very much because I have most of the items in the freezer or cabinet.
Check out I'm an Organizing Junkie for hundreds of linked in menu plans.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sherri

    My email address is lakeitha_duncan(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm looks like a lot of yummy easy things! Thanks for all these great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherri! Oh, now it's almost dinner time and that looks so good. I used to be organized like this to plan my menus for the week. :) I'm too old now!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a fun and thrifty event...glad you are saving the $$$$!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting closer, I bought a bunch of things this week and have to sit down and plan tomorrow. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails