Thrifty Easter Door Decor

How do you decorate a door on the cheap?
Goodwill find, a little spray paint and some Dollar Tree flowers.
I had been searching for a metal basket hanging thingy seen all around blog land.
Found this one at my local Goodwill for $1.91 a couple of months ago.
I really wanted a cone shaped one, but this gal will do.
Red on my red door wasn't really going to work.
Yesterday I braved the wind using my Heirloom White spray paint and gave her a new look.
2 bunches of Easter flowers from the Dollar Tree.
Voila, I have a shiny new door decoration for mere pennies (less than $5!)
The wind was blowing the flowers and the basket when I was making photos.
So overlook the fact that it looks off center! ;-)
Love the tiny eggs on the flower bunches.
The best part is for a couple of bucks I can change out the look!
Ahh, not bad for less than 30 minutes and under $5!
Compliments my pansies too.  Yes, I remembered to water them.
So what's on your front door?
Linking in to blog parties:
$5 Challenge at Living with Lindsay


 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

  1. Love your new basket. I have been looking for one of the metal ones too, they are hard to find at a reasonable price. Yours looks gorgeous. So pretty on your door. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a PURDY thrifty spring basket...come by and show her off at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...hope to see you there:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw one of those hangy thingys yesterday and it was a Christmassy one. White with snowflakes in gold and I didn't buy it cuz it was Christmassy!!! Darn me, I could have spray painted it, I never thought of that. Thanks for the great idea and yours looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these little metal baskets...I forget where I have gotten mine. If you don't want the flowers to move around, glue a little floral foam into the bottom and poke your flowers in that. You can still change it out when you want.

    I love it, Sherri!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny, I just posted on the same thing today! You'll have to stop over to see my front doors too!

    Love your goodwill find all dressed up for Easter. Very cute!

    You are so right, it will be easy to change it out for different holidays. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just discoverd the joy of Heirloom White spraypaint, thanks to blogland! Great transformation! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love it!

    love, kelee from www.katillacshack.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your spring flowers and the new basket.

    Hope you'll drop by AtticMag to give JaneT some advice on making a bench from a vintage bed. #81 on Met Monday.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I have some metal baskets...you just gave me an idea! Thanks for sharing. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a green metal basket that I just put in the garage.....I might just have to paint it! Looks great on your red door!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooo happy that you came to my party...hope you had a good time:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails