Crock pot roast and potatoes, with broccoli and rolls
In order to build your master menu list you need to first consider your lifestyle: Busy, hectic for most of us!
I'm a working mom, so easy, simple recipes rule the roost. I also enjoy using my crockpot for nights when I know I won't feel up to preparing a meal or when we used to run to soccer, band or those kid activities. I've also found a few recipes I can make The rule of thumb is to be flexible! If you have to rearrange your weekly menu or order delivery pizza...that is OK!
My daughter's favorite meal ~ Salmon patties, creamed potatoes, peas and biscuits
When developing my master list I asked the kids for their favorite meals. If you have a mate, then be sure to include their favorites too! Next, keep your recipes handy. I have many typed up in a file on my computer, pages marked in recipe books and new to try ones bookmarked online. I like tossing a few new recipes into the mix to keep us from getting too bored with the same tried and true ones.
Ranch potato wedges (new recipe and family fav!) with pull pork sandwich and slaw
My list is basically dinner menus, as we are out of the house for lunches and do quick breakfast items (cereal, pop tarts, bagels, etc). However, if your family is home for these meals be sure to add them into your master planning menu. I would like to say I'm more organized with this, however my master list is on a simple piece of school notebook paper! I have plans to do a small notebook to keep in the kitchen with the master list and a place for favorite recipes to be at my fingertips. This will help with making out my grocery list also.
My Master Menu List (click on the links for recipes)
- Spaghetti, garlic bread (optional salad)
- Crock pot roast with potatoes (add in carrots, if you like!)
- Pinto beans and cornbread (a Family favorite)
- Chicken and Dumplings (a simplified recipe using Egg noodles)
- Chicken Pot pie
- Salmon Patties, creamed potatoes, english peas and biscuits
- Sloppy Joes with Ranch potato wedges
- Taco Soup
- Tacos, mexican rice and black beans
- Homemade Pizza or Pizza Pockets/Rolls
- Ranch Chicken
- Vegetable Soup with sandwiches
- Hashbrown casserole (great side dish to add to any meal)
- Taco Salad (from leftover tacos, rice and beans)
- Hot dogs, with either baked beans/chili and ranch potato wedges
- Lasagna Roll ups, garlic bread (optional salad)
- Brunswick Stew
- Pulled pork sandwiches, ranch potato wedges and slaw
- Panini sandwiches
- Meat loaf, AuGratin potatoes, baked apples
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, sandwiches
- Quesadillas - chicken/cheese (LOVE my Quesadilla maker!), yellow rice, black beans
- Pork chops, veggies
- Chicken and Rice (can be done in the Crockpot)
Recipes I still want to tryOrganizing Junkie on Mondays for ideas.
I also love to bake and have several favorite recipes. We love snacking on Banana Bread and Strawberry Bread.
Linking in to Tasty Tuesday at Beauty and Bedlam.