Fall is in the Air! A Tablescape

I'm joining in my first time ever for Susan's Tablescape Thursday over at Between Naps on the Porch. My table is not 'fancy' by any means. I own not one tablecloth. I heard some of you Gasp! Not only that, I don't even own any napkin rings. OH, ya'll SHUSH! *wink* A very simple Fall is in the air table.

My inspiration began with the tiny little pumpkins I found today at Real Deals Home Decor in town. Picked up three for $2.29 each! Tammy, one of the owners, is just a sweetheart. We chatted a bit and I told her about all the wonderful ladies blogs with home decor and tablescapes too.The table is set for two. As it was a joint effort to enjoy this fun tablescape with my teen daughter. A bit of ribbon from my studio runs down the middle. Added a pedestal I 'stole' from the living room for a centerpiece; topping it with Dollar Tree 'fake' leaves and another cute orange pumpkin from Real Deals. Fall leaf garland (also from the Dollar Tree) finishes off the base. The dishes are a mix of different 'finds'. While I was off work today; I also stopped in my favorite local 'junk' store and found the cute pumpkin dessert plates for $1.49 each. I purchased four. Then I made a stop in Ross and found the brown Laguna salad plates for $2.99 each. Placed them atop my white Goodwill dishes. You can read about that fantastic find here. The glasses are hand-me-downs from my Mom. Gold glass with a swirl design around the bottom. Silverware is just our every day stuff.

I added a bit of fall 'foliage' ala the Dollar Tree to the 'pub' chandelier over my table and a few tea candles from around the house to give us a dinner glow.


Remember my sewing machine table? Here it is decked out for Fall, beside my pub style kitchen table.

I had so much FUN putting all this together! My daughter just said, 'Mom, the table looks nice; the candlelight makes it REALLY pretty'. Ahhhh, all worth it! Hope you will stop in at Susan's blog and see all the other beautiful tablescapes the ladies created for this week.

16 comments:

  1. It does look very pretty. Yes, there is a collective gasp over no tablecloth! But trust me, give it time....they will find you!
    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you joined the fun. This is only my 2nd week.

    Your table turned out lovely. I like how you layered the china. You got some fantastic deals. I'm personally hoping to get more mileage from my tablecloths since they seem to take less space to store.

    You're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tablescape really is so pretty! All of the layers, the lovely accents, the candlelight. Just wonderful! You did such a nice job. I'd love to sit down and have a very fall-like meal there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to join in TT? Your first tablescape turned out great! Love those pumpkin plates!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, loved your plates and you were able to find some really good deals. Thanks for visiting.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri~That is such a festive Fall table!
    It would make my food taste so much better!
    It would also do for Thanksgiving too I think!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet table. Your creativity makes up for a lack of tablecloth and napkins. You know how to find a deal and if it so interests you, you will have all the missing items soon!!

    This table says autumn~love it, Sherri!!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty. I love the contrast of the decorations and candlelight with the wood of the table. Those pumpkins are so cute and so are those pumpkin dishes--neat find. I like the way you elevated the centerpiece too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WONDERFUL ist post!!!!! I love your pumpkin plates (cause I ahve some almost exactly the same:):) Keep posting, you wiol acquire all the little THINGS you want over time....it has taken me YEARS!!!!!!:):) Pinky PS, please come see my table too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was supposed to say "1st post" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GEESH, I just saw my typos....so sorry:):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely -- and your daughter is right about the candle glow! Very nice 1st tablescape -- Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never thought about a fall table setting. Perfect. I love the wood pumpkins you found. so "autumn." Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table looks fabulously Fall! My boys are off this week, so I really should be getting my Fall groove on. Just have no time lately to do anything extra. My decorating habit has been highly neglected!

    See you again soon!
    ~Misti

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful fall table! Those pumkin plates are lovely...
    I usually prefer not to use tablecloths and keep my table highly polished with paste wax...
    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a fabulous job! So pretty with the lit candles and I love your wall color, BTW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails