New Blog Name !


My blog has a new name! ~Design to Shine~

I asked for help coming up with a new blog name from a close-knit group I belong to of women, scrapbookers and long time friends. I chose this one after looking up the definition to ‘design’. Which Webster’s says in part as this:

Design ~
1: to create, fashion, execute, or construct according to plan
2 a: to conceive and plan out in the mind b: to have as a purpose

I told these remarkable women that I have a new concept in mind for my blog and that I wanted to include the word ~Shine~. The reason for this particular word is that it has been my personal word for over 2 years now. At the beginning of a new year, I tried to choose another word. Yet, in many of the inspirational writings, I read daily this one word kept coming back to me. Therefore, Shine it shall be and still is for 2009.

I am still on a personal journey of growth within; ever evolving into a more authentic me.

Hopefully you will join me …for this adventure called life! Every day there is an opportunity just awaiting each of us. For that junk store find, we can apply a little paint and a lot of love…place it in our homes, our lives and admire our creativity, our handy work and the joys of simple pleasures. Every day there is that opportunity to SHINE our inner light into the world. Maybe it is with a sweet smile to the grumpy co-worker, catching the door for someone or to our children. Possibly, we are presented with a way to ‘pay it forward’ or extend a ‘random act of kindness’. Just like the endless possibilities we see in an old tattered wooden frame to become renewed and beautiful with a coat of paint … our lives we ‘design’ on a daily basis also. We create them and we each have a purpose.
Mine is to polish it a bit and allow it to ‘shine’. Light always illuminates the darkness. A flicker has the power and potential to become a flame, then a roaring fire that spreads it's warmth to others. We each have it within us...that power ... to SHINE!

2 comments:

  1. Shine on! Shine is a great word and I like how happy and sunny your blog looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outlook and new look for the blog!
    Now update with those scores from your junking. I'm a vintage lover through and through, so always seeking to live vicariously through the scores of others! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails