Christmas down on the Farm

Merry Christmas from the farm! 
On the front porch an old sleigh found in the barn, dusted off and holds my fresh cut wreath with a simple bow.
Our Christmas tree is decked again this year with my $20 worth of decorations made four years ago, plus 2 new special ornaments Bear made at PreK, hand-print Rudolphs.  The rustic nature theme fits for the farm house.
Our mantel keeps the nature theme with more large pine cones.  The only new items purchased this year are the 2 tiny wreaths (from the Dollar Tree) and the adorable snowflake garland (Target, $4).   The stockings are not hung here because it's been cold in Georgia and we are using the fireplace.  Nice and cozy.
I've been enjoying my time off from the University.  We finished up our shopping early last week and I've had time to soak in the spirit.  We've had fun here too.  Last week with Bear's little PreK party where we made tiny gingerbread houses (the base is a milk carton! Love that idea.)
Then kicked off our holiday weekend on Saturday morning with a North Pole Breakfast, compliments of Sam, our Elf on the Shelf.
I have spent time in the barn with our little jersey calf, AnnaBelle.
As I sat rubbing her head the other night, I thought of the song, Away in the Manger.  What it must have been like for Mary to give birth to Jesus in a stable.  
 My wish for each of you is to enjoy the next few days surrounded by those that love you.  May your days be Merry and Bright!

2 comments:

  1. I see the adorable, hand made Rudolph ornaments, they are so cute. Have a wonderful Christmas Sherri:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails