My 1st Shiny Sponsors - March

I was so very nervous to put out my first sponsor request.  A few weeks ago, I decided to do a sponsorship swap with other bloggers.  When I started my first blog in 2005, I was a scrapbooker.  I still scrap occasionally and have tons of supplies!  But the very BEST part about all of my years scrapping were the ladies I met along the way.  Lifelong friends scattered across the United States.  I've had the pleasure to meet several of them in person.  Others I only know from their stories, photos, emails and now Facebook.
Trading blog buttons and sharing other great inspirational blogs with you, felt like something I could do to give back to this community that has blessed me with so much; friendships, inspiration, web hugs, prayers, beautiful photos and great reads.  I am pleased to introduce you my March Sponsors.
 Meet Laurie of Indulge Your Shelf.  
Laurie has been a long time follower of Design to Shine.  She always has kind words and we have a kindred spirit in thrift shopping and a love for old things (which she buys at estate sales!).  Like this beautiful piece
Wouldn't that look so pretty in my farm kitchen?  ;-)   She's also crafty and makes beautiful items...
Plus she has a unique Esty shop of items made from antique and vintage items; Leaves and Lace.
Laurie can also be found on Facebook and Pinterest.
Laurie is SUCH a sweetheart!  I hope that you will enjoy browsing through her blog and getting to know her.
My next sponsor, Margaret, is from a lovely new to me blog, Floral and Frayed.  
Isn't she just adorable!?!  Margaret is a college gal.  Neat, since I work for a University.
She is also a self proclaimed thrift store junkie!  
Plus she has an awesome sense of style.  
Her passion shines through her blog posts.  Majoring in Event Planning, she's going to have my dream job someday.  I can tell Margaret is a strong woman full of as much inner beauty as the outward beauty she possesses.  Here's a line from her blog....
"Tonight I am talking to the girls on my floor about modesty and how important that we, as women, redefine the meaning of beauty."
She is also crafty and shares an easy tutorial for making this cute clutch. 
We need more young people like Margaret.  I hope you will stop by her blog and encourage her along her journey.  She IS such a shining young light.
You can also follow Margaret on Pinterest and Twitter.

Both ladies will be here during March with their very own guest post.  I can't wait to see what they choose to share with you!  Plus their buttons can be found on my sidebar.  Be sure to stop in over at their place and tell 'em, Sherri sent you.  ;-)

Interested in a Sponsor Swap with me?  Let me know! 

1 comment:

  1. Sherri...what lovely ladies you have as sponsors. Is it so funny, and neat, to make these friendships in the bloggy community...people we've never met but have, like you said, kindered spirits. I think non bloggers have a difficult time understanding these pen pal relationships, but to me they are very special. Laurie looks like a fun gal and Margaret is simply adorable. I will be sure to stop by both blogs to take a look around.

    Have a wonderful day Sherri!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails