"Log" Candle Votive

Last weekend I spotted something on HGTV that inspired me to whip out these:
Wood log candle votives. A VERY inexpensive gift idea!
These began here ~
The log pile.
So I headed to the barn workshop and cut the wood to 3 different lengths.
Ok so *I* didn't actually do the cutting.  ;-)  Notice that I also cleaned up and staged the pic?
Only the best for my blog buddies.
Then there needed to be a hole for the tea light candle.
Another big tool and a bit of whining, pleading, threatening, begging for some assistance.
The wood drill thingie is 1 1/2" bit, in case some of you want to make these.
Cuts the perfect size hole for tea lights.
Now if you had to purchase those big ole machines, these might not be frugal!
I had tea lights and the wood.
So these were FREE!!!
I just love the SHINE they add to our Merry Mantle.
Guess what?! To make the logs level we ended up with some of these ~
Which inspired me for another upcoming project/gift idea!
Sharing on several crafty blogs, so check out ALL the weekly links on my Blog Parties tab at the top of the page.  There is SO much inspiration in Blog land.
I'm also entering:
Visit thecsiproject.com

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sherri. Thanks for taking the time to show us how you did it. I saw them on your mantle in the last post they look wonderful. Such a pretty mantle scape.

    Enjoy all the days of the holiday.
    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved the rustic look. I wish I had some for my house.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your project linked at the Sunday Showcase Party. This is such a great idea! Love the natural look, but I bet it would also look good spray painted silver or something. I could totally get my husband to help me with a project like this, but we would need to find some logs! I made a candle-related project this weekend too, but I like yours better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the best thing ever...and those are some good looking logs! i love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun and rustic! Great job! I would love for you to come visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made with Love Monday! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri - These are gorgeous! I have had this idea in my inspiration file and you have done a wonderful job making these! Thanks so much for linking to the party - I greatly appreciate it! I featured these today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you have a lovely week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those. They are so pretty and festive! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, I love it!
    Thanks for your visit today, good luck to you in the giveaway!
    Take care
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. I love these! I took a picture from a magazine of this same project months ago and totally forgot about it! Yours look soooo much better! I totally need to go find myself a log... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are great! they'd look perfect with my decor right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing these. (visiting from The CSI Project link party)
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails