Weekend Recap & Weekly Menu

Did you know Saturday was National Pancake Day?  To celebrate I tried out a new recipe of Puffed Pancakes (link to recipe).  Here is a photo of mine without powdered sugar.
It was good and EASY, just a bit too 'eggy' for my daughter; as she is NOT a big egg person.  So next time maybe not as many eggs!

After breakfast teen daughter and I headed out early Saturday morning to the 12th Annual Hwy 46 yard sale.  All along the Hwy from the Georgia line to Heflin, Alabama we drove, rode and found 11 treasures for a grand total of $17. We were also in a race with the weather, but managed to stay ahead of the rain!  I will be sharing some our finds this week during Met Monday, Tuesday's 3 or more and 2nd time around posts and Thursday's Tablescape.  So come back all week long to see our 'new' treasures.

Just so you don't have to WAIT for a peek, here are two of the items:
Cute springy plates that I am sure will appear in future Tablescapes.  I love the mix of colors here; Blue which is my favorite color along with yellow and green that matches my kitchen! 

We made it back to my youngest sister's house promptly at 1pm for cake and ice cream to celebrate one of my nieces birthday.  She is 9.

I can not profess to be as organized as a few of my friends think I sound!  They've heard me talking about menu planning and projects in the works; thinking I am drinking tons of coffee to get it all done.  My secret IS..... that I just have to set my mind TO it and DO it!  Making the house cozy and working on frugal projects gives me a sense of accomplishment AND I get to enjoy it all.  Who doesn't like to save a dime or two along the way? Renewing my menu planning last week created extra time in the evenings after work! No worrying over 'What's for dinner?'; all the ingredients were on hand (so no running to town to pick up something) and teen daughter loves knowing what we are going to eat.  PLUS all the meals were a HIT with my sometimes really picky eating daughter!  Sunday we had her favorite meal; Salmon patties.
This weeks menu came together after organizing my 'everything just tossed in there' cabinets.  I checked to see what could be used from there and the freezer to go with meals.  I also found ground beef and chicken on sale.  So here is this weeks menu:
Breakfast
We are always rushing out the door!  I usually have assorted breakfast bars on hand.
Lunches
My daughter eats lunch at school & I come home from work to eat leftovers with the occasional frozen zapped something. Ha!   

Sunday
Panini sandwiches, chips and a pickle (plenty of sour dough bread left)
Monday
Taco Soup  (basic recipe I use) & Scoop Corn Chips
Tuesday
Leftovers (Lots of soup left)
Wednesday
Meatloaf, AuGratin potatoes, baked apples
Thursday
Ranch Chicken, corn on the cob and left over baked apples
Friday
Homemade Pizzas
Saturday
Not sure yet, maybe left over Pizza



Be sure to check out I'm an Organizing Junkie blog for over 400 links to other ladies and their weekly menus; many with recipes!
 
I'm also linking in my new plates featuring BLUE to Blue Monday over at Smiling Sally's Blog.  If you like blue then you need to check it out!

20 comments:

  1. Yummy. I do a plan each week but I have never posted it to any links.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your menus planned already! I haven't decided what's for dinner tonight! Oh, pretty plate! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherri! What cute plates! I'll be looking forward to that tablescape! I laughed when I saw your daughter's favorite meal because that's my duaghter's favorite also...right down to the peas and potatoes! Have a great week!...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh darnit! How'd I miss that yard sale?!? I must not be close to Hwy 46, but sounds like you scored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri I love your quote: YOU are brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fab and I must say organized... wow
    I must say I was better at it when the kids were young, but now in my 50's... let's say cooking is the last thing on my mind lol
    Happy Blue Monday and man oh man I wish I lived on Route or Hwy 46... it's a little ways for me, I'm in Canada!
    Love Claudie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pancakes sound like they're sort of a frittata? maybe? Love those cute new dishes.
    I'm having a giveaway on my blue monday post. Hope you'll stop by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the other goodies you got!

    I have taco soup on my menu as well this week. Don't ya just love that soup...and sooo easy!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is wonderful to have your menu all planned out. I didn't know Sat was national pancake day! Pancakes are my favorite food. I will definitely try your recipe. I love your new plate! Very prettty.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute plates! I like the idea of menu planning on Monday, something I have been lax about lately. I checked out the recipes you linked and have printed the chicken recipe for later this week.

    Question on the taco soup: shouldn't there be liquid added?

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute plates.

    I am not so organized as to know what we will eat all week.

    Your menus look good, though.

    Becky K.
    Hospitality Lane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Menu plan... I wish I were so organized. Love the Plates

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great one too. Love the yummy one. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love pancakes and we did have them for breakfast yesterday!
    My son and I are fond of oven puffed pancakes too!
    You have some terrific recipes this week.
    I love MPM. I get so much inspiration from the participants.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband loves salmon patties! The BLUE plates are darling. I'm wishing you a delightful Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did not know that Saturday was National Pancake Day. However, we celebrated anyway. We had real sourdough buckwheat cakes. Perhaps I'll do a post on them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sherri,
    Mmmm, the Taco soup sounds delish; so does the Puffy pancake! Wanna come and cook at my house?? Happy Blue Monday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like your plates. The color is wonderful. I missed pancake day this year. I'll do better next year I promise :-). I hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely plate! and yummy food you have to the week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Meatloaf sounds good right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. We must have been on the same page this weekend with our puffed pancakes--that is too funny! I didn't know it was National Pancake day, but I LOVE that there is such a thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails