A Blue Monday Bathroom fix up

Is it Monday already? Does it count for Sally's Blue Monday blog carnival that I am just BLUE about having to go back to work? Ha! Don't get me wrong; I am so very thankful to have a job with the state of the economy! I just didn't get the amount of 'projects' completed this weekend that I wanted to finish up. Which always seems to be the case. What is a working girl to do?

SHARE what I did do!


Thanks to Nester , I have extra inspiration to add to my home mini makeovers list! So applying some of that shared knowledge I spruced up my 'guest' bathroom today. Now mind you this is also my teenage daughter's bathroom. It's usually a mess! However, she did clean it this week.

A few weeks ago I redid my fireplace mantel. I replaced the picture I have had up there forever with a mirror from my bedroom. I love this framed sun, moon and stars but it didn't 'work' any where else in the house. I walked into the bathroom and it hit me! Hang it in there because it matches the shower curtain. So I did. Today I just rolled some towels, grabbed a clearance candle (found at the after holidays sales), tied some of my ribbon stash around them and here you have it! A BLUE bathroom makeover. For FREE!

Do you like the color blue? It is actually my favorite color! If you do, then check out all the other Blue Monday posts over at Sally's blog. Leave a few comments for the girls and make some new blogging buddies!

Tomorrow I will be sharing a very HUGE 'score' from my visit to the Goodwill today in the 2nd Time around and 3 or more blog carnivals. Yes, the same thrifty find has more than 3 items! I came home and looked up the price too. You won't believe it!

Happy Monday!

20 comments:

  1. So lovely! Thanks for sharing with us. Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do like that shade of blue. Good job. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blues today, Sherri, and I hope you're not too blue about work. Wishing you all sorts of good blue thoughts today...

    Happy Blue Monday!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have that very picture in my oldest's nursery. Your bathroom looks spiffy!
    Can't wait to see your Goodwill find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture really goes well with that shower curtain. I'm intrigued with what you found at Goodwill :0)
    I love finding treasures there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice bathroom, I think it's a real comfort to be there...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job. Big difference, little money. My kind of project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it great how small changes can make a big impact? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The changes you made look awesome in your bathroom! A free too! Can't beat that. I was going to go to work today. But called in sick. No, really I am sick. Been sick all weekend with a cold and cough. Can't be coughing all over the patients and get them sick too. Love your blog background (or dress) as I hear it is called now. Thanks for visiting me today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank U so much for your sweet comment about my bedroom pics! I am so happy to have found your blog, and I will definitely be back! I love the way your sun picture goes with that shower curtain. Made for each other! I cracked up on your previous post where you called your son "Billy bad butt." LOL! My brother is a police officer too and his name is Billy! You can bet I'm going to call him that the next time I see him! :-) Too funny! Take care, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sherri, I love this pic in the bathroom, it has found it's home!!! Great idea! Looks super! ;) ~CC Catherine from "Catherine de th`e Cups"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very good mini-makeover. FREE is the best!

    Thanks for stopping by to see me. Hope you have a good Monday☺

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was BLUE about having to go back to work today as well.

    I love the blue you have in the bathroon. The towels and candle look just lovely the way you have displayed them.

    take care,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sherri
    Happy Blue Monday
    I love what you did! That picture is perfect for that room. Its the same colour and its cheery too. Great job and now the price is great too...now you have extra to take thrifting...
    Can't wait to see what you are going to share from your thrift finds. Don't you love it!

    I just noticed that we both have an older son who is a police. My eldest is also.

    have a lovely day
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  15. simple and cute! How long will the bathroom stay clean?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Blue Monday Sherri!

    Love the changes you made

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, now you've piqued my interest, dropping the "G" word like you did!
    Love the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job! Happy Blue Monday!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. The picture is a perfect match for the bathroom. Happy Blue Monday!
    Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Seems like a great makeover for a teenagers bathroom....girl or boy. I know my son would like it for sure. I agree, the picture just picks up the colors in the shower curtain. Nice job!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails