Some of What I Wore and Wore Again

Another month, another set of adventures in the life of Me.
I really appreciate the Facebook comments about missing my posts.  It really warmed my heart.  I miss ya'll too.  Admittedly life gets busy with two children at home; my 4 year old nephew, that I am raising along with my 20 year old daughter trying to decide where life will take her.  Along with working a full time job outside the house at a local University.  Bear (our 4 year old)  has required some special attention over the last several weeks, then I was hit by a stomach bug and a bout of "Old Lady" syndrome with mother nature.  If you get my drift.  Not blog worthy I promise you.  Ha!
I've snapped a few photos, but even that has been few and far between.  Several weeks ago, I had a meeting with a room full of 'big wigs'.  Here's what I decided to wear:
A photo snapped in the building's ladies room.  So classy, right?  Bad lighting, bad photo.
We've seen most of this before back in colder weather:
Alfred Dunner Animal Print skirt, Goodwill
Slim red belt - Salvation Army
Apt 9 black short sleeve blouse, with really cool ruffles you can't see because of the bad pic - recent Goodwill
Necklace - Goodwill
Sag Harbor heels - Goodwill
Red Jacket - Hand-me-down (from my Mom)
All Professional.  ;-)
Another recent work outfit:
This was made on campus in front of a new art sculpture placed near my office.
Love this tribal print skirt from Cato's, a recent thrift purchase.
The brown blouse is 100% silk with no sleeves, hence the thrifted cover up cami.
Brown silk blouse, Ann Taylor Loft via Goodwill
Target belt via Goodwill brand new
Necklace - clearance deal from Rue21
My awesome Target sandals.
Since I haven't posted in a while, yep I wore the same skirt/blouse on another warm day to work.
Changed up the sandals and wore 3 new thrifted bangle bracelets.  
I picked them up for 75 cents each.  LOVE.
We've seen parts of this outfit before too.  I wore the skirt in the winter:
I changed up the tops:
A newly thrifted black tank by New Direction found at Goodwill.
Tossed a NY and Company blouse (from Goodwill) over the inappropriate for work tank.
Belt - new from Goodwill
Skirt, Emma James via Goodwill
Necklace - Goodwill
Sandals - Goodwill
There you have it.  A few of the outfits I've been wearing and REfashioned into still wearing it again.  Hence my love of skirts.  I can wear them with tights and boots in the winter; then sandals in the warmer weather.  Which is cooler to me than dress slacks.  
So I have a burning question for you.....
Do you prefer skirts or slacks for dressing up?
pleated poppy

11 comments:

  1. Love you by the sculpture. That skirt is great. Also like the use of a button down as a jacket in the last pic. Great outfits:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never wear slacks. I own two pairs that I haven't worn in aout 4 years. I always wear either skirts or dresses, for casual, or for dressup. And yes, even while cleaning the toilet, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it Sue! I admit to wearing 'lounge' pants around the house in the colder months and baggy embarrassing horribly worn out shorts with T's around the house. LOL

      Delete
  3. Have to admit I am a pants girl myself, but seeing the adorable outfits you come up with makes me definitely want to go buy skirts and belts. I just adore your style. Your a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pants, but I have a rather large backside so skirts are more friendly. However, when dressing up I prefer skirts anyway.

    Your next-door neighbor at WIWW,
    Windy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bathroom mirror photos! :) That's how I get mine too! haha. I prefer to wear slacks usually. Unless it's too warm, then skirts are a must! Stopping by from the pleated poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw you at www.thepleatedpoppy.com and COMPLETELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your skirts (and Goodwill) Almost every outfit on my blog is thrifted. I will definitely be back to your blog! pippa
    http://www.shopwithpippa.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you are doing ok. I am a skirts girl too, tho I will wear pants in the winter. I'm just not built like "normal" women I guess and find skirts and dresses more comfy....and the older I get the higher on the list my comfort moves. Have a great day. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love skirts. Love being comfy. Have great weekend. Dawn suitcase vignettes

    ReplyDelete

  9. I'd like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-8-and-rural.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails