Mixing Thrift Clothes with New Fashions

My closet is seriously 90% thrift clothes and shoes.  I have even picked up jewelry in my local thrift stores.  With that being said, occasionally I will still buy something retail on clearance or a great sale; although not often.  Honestly, I can shop at Goodwill or Salvation Army ending up with more clothes and LESS guilt of having spent too much.  My first outfit this week is a clearance rack goodie.
Thursday - Work and a banquet
Dress - Ross (new last week, clearance for $9.99)
FREE Hanes Hosiery from the Hanes Facebook Sweepstakes
Heels - at least 5 years old, I think from Belk's
Necklace, bracelet - Kohl's
This dress is comfy.  The material is light and slinky.  You know the kind; doesn't wrinkle.  Wonder if I could get my mid-40 body into a doesn't wrinkle condition?  Not.happening.  Oh well, a girl can dream right?
Friday - Work, Casual Day
I had a meeting today, so I passed on wearing jeans and picked a comfy very casual cotton skirt instead.
Top, Liz and Company - Goodwill
Navy-ish Skirt, Lands End - Goodwill
Necklace - gifted
Bracelet - Kohl's
Saturday, errands in town with Bear
Yep, the background is our barn.  At least we don't live in.  The chickens and turkeys do.   Late afternoon sun flashed photo.  I know it was St. Patty's Day and yes there is a green thread in my shirt.  
Top, INC - Goodwill
Jeans, ana - Goodwill
Necklace/choker - Salvation Army, $0.99
Bracelet - gifted
Monday - work, business casual
It's Spring Break week at the University for the students.  We are still working, while it's sunny and over 80 degrees.  It's what grown ups do.  Sorry about the fuzzy photo, we were almost out of daylight.  Since the University is pretty much a ghost town this week; we were granted permission to dress 'business casual'.
The Land's End black top from last week's thrift purchases - Goodwill
Skirt - Goodwill
Belt - Goodwill
Necklace - Goodwill
Bracelet - gifted
Brand new sandals!  Yep, retail.  Although it is very rare that I shop retail instead of thrift these days; it's happened twice in a week.  However, I needed a stylish pair of flat sandals for work.  These are stylish, flat and oh so comfy!  Mossimo via Target.  Another look at all the elements via my InstaGram photo:
I freaked a bit when I noticed I have worn black several days this week; so here's a bit of color...
Tuesday - work, business casual
Guess I should have pulled this outfit together last week prior to St. Patrick's Day.  If I look a bit like the 'Jolly Green Giant'; it is because my photographer was Bear, my 4 year old.
Skirt - Goodwill
Green sweater 'tank' top, Grace Elements - Goodwill
Rust Cardigan, Liz and Co - Goodwill
Belt, new Target - Goodwill
Bracelet, necklace - both gifted
Sandals - several years old, I think Famous Footwear
Have you had Spring Break yet?  
pleated poppy
Momma Go Round

g*rated


19 comments:

  1. You look lovely! I like all your outfits. We don't have spring break until Easter week.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those new sandals... and the brown top from St. Patty's day is SO flattering on you! Orangies Attic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too. Wore them the next day, ALL day and they are SO comfy.

      Delete
  3. Love the new sandals, and all the accessories you wore with it. Also the black and turquoise top is stunning on you. Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute sandals! I really wish I could find a job so I could get dressed up cute everyday like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Target sandals are adorable! Dang it, looks like I'll soon be shopping there again after all!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $19.99 Jodi! Get a pair. Trust me, you will LOVE them.

      Delete
  6. I just love your style, hair everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog via the Blog Hop. I’m your newest GFC follower!
    http://our-reflection.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Laura! Happy you are here.

      Delete
  8. Hello,
    I came across your blog via another friends Facebook page. I hope you don't mind that I stopped by. I LOVE thrifting and love the blog. I am currently a non-traditional student at UWG so a good bargain is always a plus! I really enjoy the posts!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose! Glad you found me and stopped by. A fellow thrifter is ALWAYS welcome. :-)

      Delete
  9. Lovely outfit,I love all your looks I think the middle maxi skirt and sandles is my favourite one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and I are proving that you CAN do thrift and goodwill with style. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Goodwill outfit, the gladiators are super cute!!

    Btw, thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment!!!

    ♥Priiincesss

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of your outfits. You look great!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails