Cardigan Fashions for Crazy Weather

It seems Mother Nature can't make up her mind which season it really is in Georgia; Winter or Spring.  We are freezing one day and having hot flashes the next.  Or maybe it has something to do with being an old southern lady.  Either way, I blame Mother Nature for both!  Our cold mornings and warm afternoons means planning ahead; usually by tossing a cardigan in the wardrobe mix.  This week I wore many pieces you have previously seen remixed into different outfits.
Wednesday - Work, Meetings
I have worn every piece of this outfit before with other closet thrift finds.  This is how I started out my morning.  Except this is an evening photo after work under our blooming Bradford Pear tree.
Red cardigan, Emma James, Liz Claiborne Company - Goodwill
Grey flower - made by me
Then it became this outfit, once the day warmed up. 
Black ruffled top, New Directions - Goodwill
Skirt, Dress Barn - Goodwill
Red belt - Salvation Army
Silver/red bracelet - Salvation Army
Black boots, Belks - gifted
Red purse,  Laura Ashley - Goodwill
I realize I rarely show you my thrifty purses.  I have a collection.  I.love.them.
Thursday - Work and a "new" dress
Uh, this dress was not wrinkled when I left home.  But it was toward the end of my 8-5'er!  Even though it looks like 2 pieces, this is a dress by Isaac Mizrahi Live - Salvation Army, $2.99 (recent purchase).  It's also short sleeved, so I will be able to wear it into summer.
Mustard Cardigan - Target
Did you notice?  I tried the shoes again (the same I wore last week that looked horrible with that outfit choice).  I like them better here.
Shoes, Sag Harbor - Goodwill
Necklace and Earrings - Goodwill
Bracelet - Gifted
Friday - Casual day at Work
Sweater vest, New Directions (this time with brown vs. white before) - Goodwill
Brown V-neck T, Gap - Goodwill
Jeans, Daisy fuentes - Goodwill
Orange and shades of brown necklace - Goodwill
Bracelet - gift from my Mom
I also wore brown loafers from Goodwill (not seen)
Monday - Work
We've seen the skirt before.  I'm not a fan of pink on me and wanted to try it with something different.  Wasn't sure how I felt about this mix of colors, until I saw the photo.  I have to say I really like this color mix with the new lace pattern top on me.  
Light blue lace pattern top, Croft and Barrow - Salvation Army, 99 cents
Stripe skirt - Salvation Army, 99 cents
Purple Cardigan, Worthington - Goodwill
 Same Brown Sag Harbor heels - Goodwill
Plum tights - Target
Brown belt - TJ Maxx (several years old)
Necklace - Goodwill
Bracelet - gift from Mom
Four outfits from this past week.  The weather man says we will be experiencing 80 degree temps the rest of this week.  Love it!  Not loving the fact that my legs haven't seen sun since early September and are ghostly white.  Mother Nature, both the weather one and the old age one, is begging me to dump the tights.  I'm worried ya'll would need sunglasses to view the photos.
How's your weather?  Holding on to your tights and cardigans?  
pleated poppy
Momma Go Round

12 comments:

  1. Love that first outfit, with the red sweater, and cute grey brooch you made! And, yes, those shoes definitely look a lot better with this new outfit combo. Well done! And that last skirt works quite well with the blue lace top. We just had some nasty weather here in my part of New Brunswick, Canada, as well. Last evening, we had the pleasure(yeah, right!) of getting a bit of snow, then, to alleviate the boredome, some freezing rain on top of that. Now, for later today, the weather "person" is calling for 10 cm (our measurement) of snow. I SO want Spring! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all this week. I think the shoes are a hit with the dark tights:)
    And the cut of the dress is perfect for you. Like that you made a flower pin, it is to cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blue and yellow together is such a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Isaac Mizrahi dress and yellow cardigan pairing is perfect! I love blue and yellow, and you pulled it off so well! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog too :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Thursday and Monday outfits! The vibrant blue really flatters you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a great style!! The blue and yellow combo is my favorite! I'll be combing my closet for something similar.
    Mind if I feature one of your photos on my blog this week with some of my favorite outfits from the Pleated Poppy link up??
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing at color-pairing WOW! I am learning a lot from reading your blog. Thanks! Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. our weather is warm but i love tights so much i still wear them :)
    your outfits are really neat, i love the way you use color. the first set of pictures with the blooming tree is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I'm coveting that blue Mizrahi dress.

    And I love my thrifty purses, too. I probably need to curb my habit before I end up on an episode of Hoarders!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite is your casual jeans with that vest. I can't wear vests (boo hoo) but you sure can!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could you look any more amazing this week? So many cute outfits and I love how you worked in the mustard/mint/crochet trends. You look just beautiful in every look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sherri! I'm in GA, too, so I know what you mean. I can't believe the afternoon heat this early in the season!

    Great outfits!! My favorite is the one with the mustard cardigan. Very creative color combination.

    I followed you here from Real Momma, Real Style.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails