Six Thrifty Outfits

Each week I link up at the Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.  Mainly because I gain such inspiration from these ladies and their outfits.  My clothes are mainly thrift store purchases from Goodwill and Salvation Army.  I love my skirts and usually wear them more than dress pants/slacks; this week however it's mostly slacks with one skirt style.  Plus touches of color and one off the chain bright day.
last Wednesday - Day off, ran all over two counties getting documents to register Bear for Pre-K soon
Another day of mixing patterns.  Except for my jewelry, this is a total thrift get up.  What is up with my hair? This photo was made at the end of my long day and I need a haircut.
Animal print cardigan, Josephine Chaus - Goodwill
Blue Blouse, Harve Benard - Goodwill
Short sleeve striped shirt, Jones NY - Goodwill 
Tan slacks, Kasper - Goodwill
Brown leather belt - Goodwill (recent purchase)
Shoes, Enzo Angiolini - Goodwill
I love my Pinterest style board for inspiration.  Here is how this outfit came to be:
Wearing my Shine necklace, along with another older one.
Thursday - Work, meetings
I told the office I looked like an Easter Egg today - so bright!  Then I end up with a weird light reflection on the full body pic.  Strange.
Purple cardigan, Worthington - Goodwill
Pink top, Jones NY Collection - Salvation Army, $2.49
Striped skirt, no name - Salvation Army for 99 cents!
Scarf - Salvation Army, 99 cents
Belt - Salvation Army, 99 cents
Pink necklace - Goodwill
Black boots, Belk's - Gifted in 2010
Friday - Work, casual day
It was really warm Friday morning, or maybe it was old lady hot flashes; later in the day the wind kicked up.  Glad I grabbed a jacket at the last minute before heading out to the office.
Gold shirt (even though it appears yellow), Motto - Salvation Army
Brown leather belt - Goodwill
My only pair of 'work' dress jeans, daisy fuentes - Goodwill
Green jacket, Christopher and Banks - Goodwill
Necklace and bracelet - gifts from my Mom
Earrings - Kohl's
Liz Claiborne dark brown short boots - Goodwill (look new!)
Sunday - Down on the Farm
Lilac T shirt, Lands End - Goodwill
Flannel shirt, rue21 - Goodwill
Jeans (not shown) a.n.a. - Goodwill
Monday - Work
I need a haircut!  I have really thick heavy hair and this is my toned down, un-sassy hair style today.
This outfit is dressy enough for the office, but comfortable enough for errands.
Blue shirt (short sleeve), a.n.a. - Salvation Army, 99 cents
Dark brown slacks, Rafaella - Salvation Army, 99 cents
Gold cardigan - Target, this year on sale
Brown leather belt had gotten a lot of wear this week! - Goodwill, recent $2.00
Bracelet - gifted; Necklace and earrings - Kohl's (a few years ago)
All in all a pretty 'cheap' outfit!
Tuesday - work and a haircut
Finally a haircut on my lunch hour!  Way past due to keep that 'sassy' look. 
Grabbed a photo in the library for a different background.
Dark grey cardigan, NY and Company - Goodwill
Top, New York and Company - Goodwill
Grey slacks, Talbots - Goodwill
Plum loafers with heels - Salvation Army
Scarf, used as a belt - Salvation Army
Flower pin - made by me
Necklace, Mudd - purchased on sale from Kohl's
WELCOME to my new followers and visitors!  I hit an all time HIGH views last week over 850 in one day.
Do you wear more skirts or pants?
pleated poppy

g*rated
I still have sponsor swap space available for March!  Interested? 

7 comments:

  1. Love you hairstyle on Monday, great outfits this week, like your ability to mix and match colors. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely wear skirts... going to try to change that because I do love them, and being in Texas where it is warm for 3 season, they are a great alternative to shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style! I wear a lot of skirts and dresses--but jeans if i want to be more casual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work outfits are fabulous this week. I really like the colorful one. That was creative. What's the "Swap Space" about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new doo looks perfect as always. I really like all the pattern layering in the first outfit. Great eye:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have variety, and, for an excellent price! I wear skirts and dresses, pretty much exclusively, including mowing the lawn, whipper snippering, painting, cleaning the bathrooms, you name it! I feel much more comfortable in them than in slacks or jeans. I feel very constrained in pants if that makes sense?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great outfits! love the gold & green color combo ... so pretty. thanks for linking up. :)
    -marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails