Sharing What I'm Wearing -Thrift Clothes

If this isn't your first visit, then you know I share weekly outfits put together from clothes purchased mostly from Goodwill and Salvation Army.   However, I won't pass up stopping at any thrift store.  Which was the case on a recent trip to my favorite Goodwill store.  We stopped in a small thrift boutique, where I found this awesome black blazer.
Wednesday - work
Rainy, yucky, cloudy day, but a great professional look to share!
White blouse with silver buttons, NY and Co - Goodwill
Skirt, no tag - Goodwill
Black blazer, Bandolino - Local Thrift Boutique for $6.99
Red belt - Salvation Army
Black boots, Belk's - gifted in 2010
I love this skirt, even though it is a tad too big.  I usually wear something over it, instead of tucked in.  Versatile because of the mix of colors.  Looks nice with red, grey and even tan.
Thursday - Sick day in pj's with meds and a box of tissues.  Yuck!
Friday - Day Off (due to working on Sunday) , still feeling pretty bad but had to have groceries
Did you know that Friday, February 3 was Wear Red Day to fight heart disease in women?
My father passed away from heart disease and one of my best female friends has a pacemaker. She is in her early 40's.  Heart disease kills more women than all cancers combined.
Ran in Target to pick up some base make-up, snapped these, before heading to the grocery store in my head to toes thrifted clothes.
Red cardigan, Emma James (Liz Claiborne Co) - Goodwill
Animal print cami tank, Arizona (JC Penney) - Goodwill
Jeans, daisy fuentes - Goodwill  (A bit long, but that is my deal at 5'4")
Shoes, Aerosoles suede wedges - Goodwill (similar)
Necklace - Cato on clearance sale
Cute red and silver bracelet - Salvation Army $1.50
Saturday - cleaned house and did laundry; I spared you the photo.
Sunday - Birthday party for one of Bear's wee friends
This asymmetrical vest was a recent Goodwill purchase, I was thrilled to find.  And this is a TOTAL Goodwill outfit! (except jewelry)
Vest, New Directions - Goodwill
Faded Glory flare jeans - Goodwill
White David Brooks shirt - Goodwill
Army green belt - new from Target at Goodwill
Necklace, bracelet and earrings - all gifted!
Liz Claiborne short boots - Goodwill (they looked new!)
Close up of boots on a different day.  I surely was NOT wearing tights under my jeans. ha!
Monday - Back to work, still trying to hack up a lung
Photo is with and without the cardigan.  I liked the mix of colors, but the cardigan boxed up my curves.
Turquoise cable knit cardigan, Sag Harbor - Goodwill
Orange lightweight sweater - Goodwill
Navy skirt, by Morgan Taylor Studio - Salvation Army (recent, $2.59)
Turquoise belt - Salvation Army
Scarf, tights, boot socks from Target
Brown boots - Belk's, gifted 2011
Tuesday - Work and almost back to 'normal' (excuse the cheeky grin, I was laughing right before my photographer snapped this picture)
Same skirt from a few weeks ago with a different look.  Great for church on Sunday too!
Tweed skirt, Norton McNaughton - Goodwill
Black shirt, very old - Ross, I think
Gold cardigan - Target on sale
Black leather belt - Goodwill
Necklace - gifted
Black tights - Walmart
Same 2010 black boots
This outfit was inspired by this look in my Clothes Closet on Pinterest:
Source
I hope that by sharing my Goodwill 'glamorous' outfits that someone is inspired to try thrift clothing!  You can save money and find items to put together any type wardrobe that is needed; work, casual, parties, even formal wear.  I've heard from several readers that they do shop Goodwill or other thrift stores along with readers willing to try.
I would LOVE to see YOUR thrift ensembles!  Leave a link, I promise to visit! 
pleated poppy
Thrifters Anonymous

g*rated

5 comments:

  1. Love everything, but you look stunning in the red sweater. Red is your color. I also you look so trendy in the the long vest. Great week, I think it is one of my favorites.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Dawn! Funny thing, I have very LITTLE 'red' in my closet. I've just never worn it or pink much at all. I'm warming up to it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Dawn, love the red and the long vest...inspiring post! I also love vintage finds and shot one of mine this week. Sherri thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherri. I'm agreeing with your other commentors - You look great in that red sweater. And I love the shirt underneath and the long necklace.

    Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds. I like how you mix patterns and solids. You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails