Colorful Thrifty Work Wear

It's my favorite post of the week!  Not because I'm all excited about showing you photos of me.  Truth is, I pick myself apart in the pictures.  I'm my own worst critic. On the flip side of the thoughts that plague me about my appearance, is the fact that I really do enjoy sharing how I dress daily for work in really cheap clothes!  Because momma is always the last one getting something 'new' in this house.  Everything else comes first: utilities, other bills, groceries, daycare and kid's needs.
I'm sure it's the same for many of you.  So let's see how I dress for the office on less:
Last Wednesday - Meetings at work with consultants all over campus
 I tried styling this plum skirt (which is comfy and I love) previously with not so great results.  While I like this outfit more than the other attempt; I'm still not digging it.  Bright sunny bad photo and all.
Christopher and Banks Plum skirt - Goodwill
Teal blouse, New York and Company - Goodwill
Turquoise belt - Salvation Army
Jacket by Melissa - Goodwill
Black boots I wear constantly - gifted in 2010
Thursday - still hosting consultants at various work meetings
I really liked this outfit.  Usually I am not too comfortable with mixing patterns, as my daughter tells me it doesn't 'match'.  Yep, I raised her that way.  Ha!  Yet this selection felt more comfortable to me than my purple one yesterday.  It's my wild side stepping out. ;-)
Animal Print blouse, Coldwater Creek - Goodwill
Wool dark grey skirt, Jones New York - Goodwill
Mustard cardigan and tights - Target, on sale
Brown belt - TJ Maxx, a few years ago
Shoes, Enzo Angiolini - Goodwill $4 !!! (a recent find)
Friday - Work, Casual Day and BIG BLUE Friday
Pay no mind to my silly facial expression trying to get the photo.  Today was 'spirit day' at the University.  Everyone was asked to wear blue to support our Athletics program.  I LOVE an excuse to go shopping!  Which I did on Thursday evening, for something in the right color blue ...can you guess where?
Blue polka dot top, Lauren/Ralph Lauren - my local Goodwill
White blouse - Walmart, back in the Summer
Same 'dressy' work jeans, daisy fuentes - Goodwill
Brown short boots, Liz Claiborne - Goodwill
Necklace - Cato's on sale
Bracelet - Salvation Army
Saturday - stayed in, saved your eyes the trama
Sunday - A day of adult fun (Barnes and Noble, lunch and Goodwill)
Yes, you may have seen this exact photo before!  Because I wore this same outfit previously; plus it was pouring rain today and I didn't snap a picture.  But I did wear the same clothes. Does that count? ;-)
Jeans and lime vest - Goodwill
Longsleeve T - Target
Scarf - Rue 21    Flower pin - made by me
Monday - work
Love the sweater, but not sure I am loving the bulk it adds. -__-  I even tried helping that with a belt.
Cream Sweater, New Directions - Belk's, gifted
Cream top, Kim Rogers - Belk's on sale
Skirt, Dress Barn - Goodwill (from Sunday's shopping trip)
Black boots and belt, again
Necklace - gifted
Tuesday - Work
Yes, I still have hands!  They disappeared in the sleeves of my jacket.  Loving this new skirt; maybe I should have worn my black cardigan with it instead of the jacket?  Oh well, I really really like the skirt.
Black Jacket, Bandolino - Goodwill
Skirt, Emma James  - Goodwill
 Teal Top, 9 West - gifted
Grey tights, ya can't see in the photo - Walmart
Yes I wear them almost every day, black boots (from 2010-gifted)
After last week's minimal color infused wardrobe, I decided to add plum, mustard, blue, lime and teal! Whew.  Only one neutral day in the bunch.  Pretty good week.
My favorite outfit of this week?  Thursday's mustard and mixed patterns.  
Which is your favorite of the week?
pleated poppy

g*rated

 

6 comments:

  1. This is my favorite week so far. I really like the pattern mixing in photo 2 and yes it all goes together. I was wondering if you would like the plum skirt better if you hemmed it up to knee length?? Just an idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just too cute and I love that second outfit. You rocked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those bright pops of color!
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - loved, loved loved the "mustard" outfit with the print mix. That color looked lovely on you. You have inspired me to plow through my wardrobe to find some prints and patterns to mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, you look fabulous. I love the vest! So fun. We both wore the prints and patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing people's thrifty clothes finds, yours look great! I especially like the third outfit, very classy and professional looking, but the more colorful ones are fun too. That's the great thing about Goodwill clothes, it's cheap enough to change your look when you want to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails