Goodwill Glamorous Fashions 3 (WIWW)

My third 'What I Wore Wednesday' for 2012; along with another edition of Goodwill Fashions.  If you haven't figured it out yet, I am a thrift junkie.  Plus I enjoy sharing how I put together cheap clothes into a work wardrobe.  Because if I can do it; anyone can!  Outside photos at work are MUCH better this week, even if it's cloudy.  I also feel I improved on styling the outfits.  You can judge, or not. ;-)
Wednesday - Work, long and late day
This skirt was a recent Goodwill find and I knew instantly I would pair it with my red cardigan.
Animal print skirt, Alfred dunner - via Goodwill
Black button up, Christopher Banks - via Goodwill
Red sweater, Emma James (Liz Claiborne Co) - via Goodwill
Red slim belt - Salvation Army
Black boots, Belks - Gifted Christmas 2010 (they were a Black Friday Deal)
Necklace - Cato's on clearance
Thursday - Work, walked all over campus
Can you tell my black boots are a winter staple for work?
Tweed skirt, Norton McNaughton - Goodwill
Beige shirt, Kim Rogers - Belk's on sale this year
My black 'shirt jacket' is very lightweight, buttons up the front and has a tie at the waist.  It's a unique article in my wardrobe and great for different seasons to layer.  Made by Covington, purchased at Goodwill
Looking at the pic, I should have swapped out the belt that came with it for a cream one...ah, there is always next time.
Cream tights - Target $5.00
Scarf - Christmas gift
I love this skirt, it is lined with no waist band and very comfy.  So are my flat boots!
Friday - Casual day at work - but missed a picture
Sunday afternoon - Quick run to town and a drop by my local Goodwill
Yep, snapped a shot in the dressing room!
Very casual me.
Green long sleeve T - Target
Beige vest - borrowed from my daughter; I wear it more than she does
Jeans - via Goodwill
Funky beaded necklace - Rue21 clearance buy $2.99
Monday - Holiday from work.  Mom and Daughter time with Goodwill Shopping
Love my NEW green Christopher and Banks jacket.
I picked this up at the Goodwill yesterday for a mere $1.99 (color of the week at 50% off)!
White shirt (v neck with tiny ruffles you can't see) - Goodwill
Turquoise slim belt - Salvation Army
Scarf - Christmas gift (from Target)
Jeans - Walmart
Loafers - Goodwill (real Italian leather)
My beautiful daughter in the Goodwill dressing room.
She picked up this cute top.
Tuesday - Back to work, rainy day - Green jacket take 2
When searching for a lightweight jacket this morning; I realized the one from yesterday would match today's outfit.  Rainy messy dark dreary day.  Bright orange and green!
Orange sweater top - Goodwill
Multi-skirt - Goodwill
Green Jacket - Goodwill find over the weekend and worn yesterday
Army green belt, Target - via Goodwill (new with tag still on it)
Scarf - Christmas gift (Target)
Brown boots - Belk's (Black Friday purchase 2011 for $19.99)
Tights and boot socks (which I HAVE to wear with these boots or they rub my leg, no worries they were under the skirt as you can see in the full pic) - Target
Funny chipmunk smile with squished eyes?? - FREE
There you have it.  Another bunch of thrifted clothes that I wore to work and weekend play.  Last week several comments were made about NOT knowing that January is one of the BEST months to go thrifting.  I hope you have found something wonderful!
Linking fun:
pleated poppy

Meet Virginia Design
The Shabby Nest

10 comments:

  1. Your GW is far superior to the ones we have around here. I can't believe the treasures you find. You look beautiful as always, I especially like you in the green tone in that jacket. Great wardrobe this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from WIWW. Love that green jacket. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful clothing! I am very inspired!! Your new follower,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in all your outfits but that red one is my favorite. And those flat boots up there with the comfy no waistband skirt are fantastic too!

    Alissa from
    www.amaranthineimage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those outfits! SO stylish!! But I love the last one best. I have experimented with orange and green, too, and have liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous outfits! I love leopard print with red.
    Isn't thrifting just amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That red color is lovely on you - and your scarves are all so great!
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so thrifty! My favorite outfit is the one with the green skirt and the orangish sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the nice comment! I can't believe all the good finds you get at GW. I'm new to thrifting clothes and have found a couple of things I really love. It's addicting! Your outfits are all cute, but my favs are the second one, skirt with boots, and the one with jeans and that green jacket. Love it. I'm your newest follower.

    Have a great Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the boot socks, you need to let them be seen sometime!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog! I appreciate and read every comment. LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! ~Sherri~

Related Posts with Thumbnails